Personal data is information that can be associated with a specific person and could be used to identify that specific person whether from that data or from data and other information that TRX has or is likely to have access to. We do not consider personal information to include information that has been made anonymous or aggregated so that it can no longer be used to identify a specific person, whether in combination with other information or otherwise.
COLLECTION OF INFORMATION
What information do we collect?
Information you give us:
We may ask you to provide us with the following identifying information such as: full name, company name, address, email address and phone number. You will also provide information when you register to use our site, subscribe to our service, correspond with us by phone or email, search for a programme, make a bid, make an offer, participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site, enter a competition, promotion or survey and when you report a problem with our site.
Information we collect:
We collect technical information, including the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer and/or device (including mobile devices) to the Internet, your login information, geo-location information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We will also collect information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time), products you viewed or searched for, programme type preferences, language preferences, territory preferences, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or the other services we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, business partners, sub-contractors in technical, payment and delivery services, advertising networks, analytics providers, search information providers, credit reference agencies) and may receive information about you from them.
USE OF YOUR INFORMATION:
Information you give to us:
we will use this information:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, you and a buyer/seller, you and any third party service provider, and to provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about services we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale or negotiations of a sale. If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the TRX Registration Form);
- to notify you about changes to our service;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and/or device (including mobile devices);
- to prevent, detect, mitigate and investigate fraud and security breaches;
Information we collect about you:
we will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to tailor content offered to you by making suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
Information we receive from other sources:
We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may use this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive). Our website uses Google Analytics, which analyses website traffic for information such as from where the traffic comes, what types of devices are used, the demographics of visitors (such as age), geographic location and pages visited.
In addition, we may be required by your employer and/or by laws or regulations to store messages, and conversations to meet regulatory and compliance obligations for a certain period of time. This includes public and private interaction between users, moderators, compliance and/or legal professionals in your business who may have access to historical or live conversations. To develop the product and/or communities, we may analyse certain data.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
SECURITY OF DATA
We may share your personal information with any member of our group, which means our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries. We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you;
- advertisers and advertising networks that require the data to select and serve relevant adverts to you and others;
- analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site;
- credit reference agencies for the purpose of assessing your credit score where this is a condition of us entering into a contract with you.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if TRX or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets;
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways: whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes; and if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at contact@TRX.tv.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998. A small fee will be payable. If you would like a copy of the information held on you, please email: contact@TRX.tv or write to TRX Limited, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above email or postal address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect. Please address any questions, comments and requests regarding our data processing practices to contact@TRX.tv or write to TRX Limited, Somerset House, Strand, London, WC2R 1LA.